1. Okun ML, Coussons-Read ME. Sleep disruption during pregnancy: how does it influence serum
cytokines?. J Reprod Immunol 2007;73(2):158-65.
2. Lee KA. Alterations in sleep during pregnancy and postpartum: a review of 30 years of research. Sleep
3. Jomeen J. The importance of assessing psychological status during pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal
period as a multidimensional construct: A literature review. Clinical Effectiveness in Nursing 2004;8:143-
4. Skouteris H, Wertheim EH, Germano C, Paxton SJ, Milgrom J. Assessing sleep during pregnancy: a study
across two time points examining the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index and associations with depressive
symptoms. Womens Health Issues 2009; 19(1):45-51.
5. Beebe KR, Lee KA.Sleep disturbance in late pregnancy and early labor. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2007;
6. Doi Y, Minowa M, Tango T. Impact and correlates of poor sleep quality in Japanese white collar
employees. Sleep 2003;26(4):467-71.
7. Chang JJ, Pien GW, Duntley SP, Macones GA. Sleep deprivation during pregnancy and maternal and fetal
outcomes: is there a relationship? Sleep Med Rev 2010;14(2):107-14.
8. Evans J, Heron J, Francomb H, Oke S, Golding J. Cohort study of depressed mood during pregnancy and
after child birth. BMJ 2001; 323( 7307):257-60.
9. Wolfson AR, Crowley SJ, Anwer U, Bassett JL. Changes in sleep patterns and depressive symptoms in
first-time mothers: Last trimester to 1-year postpartum. Behav Sleep Med 2003;1(1):54-67.
10. Wilkie G, Shapiro CM. Sleep deprivation and the postnatal blues. J Psychosom Res 1992;36(4):309-16.
11. Huang CM, Carter PA, Guo JL. A comparison of sleep and daytime sleepiness in depressed and nondepressed
mothers during the early postpartum period. J Nurs Res 2004;12(4):287-96.
12. Mead-Bennett E. The relationship of primigravid sleep experience and select moods on the first postpartum
day. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 1990; 19(2):146-52.
13. Okun ML, Hanusa BH, Hall M, Wisner KL. Sleep Complaints in Late Pregnancy and the Recurrence of
Postpartum Depression. Behav Sleep Med 2009; 7(2): 106–17.
14. Breslau N, Roth T, Rosenthal L, Andreski P. Sleep disturbance and psychiatric disorders: a longitudinal
epidemiological study of young adults. Biol Psychiatry 1996; 39(6):411-8.
15. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, 4th ed, text
revision. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 2000.
16. - Sharifi Kh, Sooky Z, Akbari H, Sharifi M. Assessment of the relationship between the method of
delivery and postpartum depression. Feyz, Kashan University of Medical Sciences & Health Services 2008,
12(1): 50-55. (Full Text in Persian)
17. Khorramirad¬ A, Mousavi Lotfi M, Shoori Bidgoli A. Prevalence of Postpartum Depression and Related
Factors in Qom. Pajoohandeh 2010; 15(2): 62-66. (Full Text in Persian)
18. Wisner KL, Parry BL, Piontek CM. Clinical practice. Postpartum Depression. N Engl J Med 2002; 347(3):
19. Jones HW, Venis JA. Identification and classification of postpartum psychiatric disorder. J psychosoc Nur
Ment Health Serv 2001; 39(12): 23-30.
20. Skouteris H, Germano C, Wertheim EH, Paxton SJ, Milgrom J. Sleep quality and depression during
pregnancy: A proprospective Study. J Sleep Res 2008;17(2):217-20.
21. Bendad R, Abediyan Z, Hassan Abadi H, Ismaili H. Sleep patterns associated with depression in the third
trimester of pregnancy.J Behbuod.2005; 25:41-51.
22. Skouteris H, Wertheim EH, Rallis S, Milgrom J, Paxton SJ. Depression and anxiety through pregnancy and
the early postpartum: An examination of prospective relationships. J Affect Disord 2009;113(3):303-8.
23. Alipour Z, Lamyian M, Hajizadeh E. Anxiety and fear of childbirth as predictors of postnatal depression in
nulliparous women. Women Birth 2011. [Epub ahead of print] .
24. Rouhe H, Salmela-Aro K, Halmesmäki E, Saisto T. Fear of childbirth according to parity, gestational age,
and obstetric history. BJOG 2009;116(1):67-73.
25. Jannati Y. Psychiatry in Midwifery. First Edition, Tehran, Jameenegar publication, 2004, 18; 186.
26. Ghoreishi A, Aghajani AH. Sleep quality in Zanjan university medical students Tehran University Medical
Journal 2008; 66(1):61-67. (Full Text in Persian)
27. Backhaus J, Junghanns K, Broocks A, Riemann D, Hohagen F. Test-retest reliability and validity of the
Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index in primary insomnia. J Psychosom Res 2002; 53(3): 737-40.
28. Jafarpour M, Esfandiari M, Mokhtarshahi SH, Hosseini F. Postpartum Depression and its Relationship
with Stressful life events. Behbood 2006;10(4(31)):320-31. (Full Text in Persian)
29. Dorheim SK, Bondevik GT, Eberhard-Gran M, Bjorvatn B. Sleep and depression in postpartum women: a
population-based study Sleep 2009;32(7):847-55.
30. Bastani F, Hidarnia A, Kazemnejad A, Vafaei M, Kashanian M. A Randomized Controlled Trial of the
Effects of Applied Relaxation Training on Reducing Anxiety and Perceived Stress in Pregnant Women J
Midwifery Womens Health 2005; 50(4):e36-40..
31. Grant KA, McMahon C, Austin MP. Maternal anxiety during the transition to parenthood: A prospective
study. J Affect Disord 2008;108(1-2):101-11.
32. Khorsandi M. Effect of Precede Proceed Model Combined with the Health Belief Model and the SelfEfficacy
to Increase Normal Childbirth in Nulliparous women Presented for the PhD Degree in Health
Education. Tarbiat Modaress University School of MedicalS. 2008;72.
33. Shahhosseini Z, Abedian K, Azimi H. Role of Anxiety During Pregnancy in Preterm Delivery. Journal of
Zanjan University of Medical Sciences & Health Services 2008; 16¬(63): 85-92. (Full Text in Persian)
34. Jomeen J, Martin CR. Assessment and relationship of sleep quality to depression in early pregnancy.
Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology 2007; 25(1): 87–99.