1. Seyyed Aghamiri Z, Vizheh M, Sedaghat M, Kohan M. The effect of painless childbirth education on awareness of women. J Univ Nurs Midwifery Razi Kerman 2006; 5(1):20-5. (Persian).
2. Bahri Binabaj N, Latif Nejad R, Esmaili H. Study of the effect of continuous maternal support on behavioral and physiologic responses to labor pain. J Sabzevar Univ Med 2005; 1(11):24-33. (Persian).
3. Khaju Shojaei K, Dvaty A, Zayeri F. Complications and related factors in epithelial zyatvmy primiparous referred to hospitals in Tehran: a longitudinal study for three months. J Urmia Nurs Midwifery Facul 2009; 7(4):217–23. (Persian).
4. Robinson JN, Lockwood CJ, Barss VA. Approach to episiotomy. UpTo-Date. Waltham, MA: UpToDate; 2012.
5. Bender T, Nagy G, Barna I, Tefner I, Kadas E, Geher P. The effect of physical therapy on beta-endorphin levels. Eur J Appl Physiol 2007; 100(4):371-82.
6. Fassoulaki A, Paraskeva A, Kostopanagiotou G, Tsakalozou E, Markantonis S. Acupressure on the extra 1 acupoint: the effect on bispectral index, serum melatonin, plasma beta-endorphin, and stress. Anesth Analg 2007; 104(2):312-7.
7. Nazari F. Compare the effect of maternal choice and the conditions prevailing on the severity and duration of the active phase of labor. [Master Thesis]. Mashhad, Iran: School of Nursing and Midwifery, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences; 2006.
8. Shahrahmani H, Kariman N, Jannesari S, Ghalandari S, Asadi N. A systematic review on the type of treatment methods to reduce pain and improve wound healing in Iran. Iran J Obstet Gynecol Infertil 2016; 19(9):17–31. (Persian).
9. Abedzadeh M, Sadat Z, Saberi F. Effect of lidocaine gel in pain relieving after episiotomy. J Babol Univ Med Sci 2009; 11(2):42–8. (Persian).
10. Khani S, Ahmad Shirvan M, Bagheri Nesami M. The view of delivery by practitioners in routine episiotomy: A qualitative study. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2009; 18(68):27–39. (Persian).
11. Aradmehr M, Azhari S, Shakeri MT. Study of factors associated with postoperative pain following episiotomy in primiparous women at Mashhad Omalbanin hospital in 2012. J Midwifery Reprod Health 2015; 3(1):305–14.
12. Franchi M, Cromi A, Scarperi S, Gaudino F, Siesto G, Ghezzi F. Comparison between lidocaine-prilocaine cream (EMLA) and mepivacaine infiltration for pain relief during perineal repair after childbirth: a randomized trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011; 201(2):1861.e1-5.
13. Meng QT, Xia ZY, Liu J, Bayliss DA, Chen X. Local anesthetic inhibits hyper polarization-activated cationic currents. Mol Pharmacol 2011; 79(5):866–73.
14. Franchi M, Cromi A, Scarperi S, Gaudino F, Siesto G, Ghezzi F. Comparison between lidocaine-prilocaine cream (EMLA) and mepivacaine infiltration for pain relief during perineal repair after childbirth: a randomized trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011; 201(2):1861.e1-5.
15. Vidaeff AC, Ramin SM, Hepner DL. Pudendal and paracervical block. UpToDate. Available at: URL: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/pudendal-and-paracervical-block; 2016.
16. Franchi M, Cromi A, Scarperi S, Gaudino F, Siesto G, Ghezzi F. Comparison between lidocaine-prilocaine cream (EMLA) and mepivacaine infiltration for pain relief during perineal repair after childbirth: a randomized trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011; 201(2):1861.e1-5.
17. Ghazyany T, Shahrraz S. Comprehensive textbook of drugs Iran. Tehran: Press Tymourzadeh; 2001. P. 418. (Persian).
18. Singer AJ, Stark MJ. LET versus EMLA for pre treating lacerations: a randomized trial. Acad Emerg Med 2001; 8(3):223–30.
19. Mohammad JR, Barati M, Torabzadeh BV, Torabzadeh BA. The effect of entonox gas inhalation on the duration of active phase of labor and outcome of delivery. Jundishapur Sci Med J 2013; 12(1):13–9. (Persian).
20. Haji Rahimkhan S, Khosrogorji F, Mehregan S, Mortazavi N, Shafiei A. Comprehensive Textbook of official medicine. Tehran, Iran: Tymourzadeh Press; 2003. P. 418. (Persian).
21. Sanders J, Peters TJ, Campbell R. Techniques to reduce perineal pain during spontaneous vaginal delivery and perineal suturing: a UK survey of midwifery practice. Midwifery 2005; 21(2):154–60.
22. Field T. Pregnancy and labor alternative therapy research. Altern Ther Health Med 2008; 14(5):28-34.
23. Hossein Rezai H, Khodabande S, Mohammad Alizade S. The effect of entonox gas on some variables related to labor ImamAli Hospital in zarand. J Univ Nurs Midwifery Razi Kerman 2008; 7(1-2):15–22. (Persian).
24. Emmanouil DE, Quock RM. Advances in understanding the actions of nitrous oxide. Anesth Prog 2007; 54(1):9–18.
25. Rooks JP. Use of nitrous oxide in midwifery practice--complementary, synergistic, and needed in the united states. J Midwifery Womens Healh 2007; 52(3):186–9.
26. Rosen MA. Relief of labor pain. J Univ Calif 2003; 186(5):110.
27. Becker DE, Rosenberg M. Nitrous oxide and the inhalation anesthetics. Anesth Prog 2008; 55(4):124–30.
28. Reynolds F. The effects of maternal labour analgesi a on the fetus. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2010; 24(3):289-302.
30. McIntyre IG, Dixon A, Pantelides ML. Entonox analgesia for prostatic biopsy. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 2003; 6(3):235-8.
31. Nowrozinia SH. Effects of constant entonox in hale on painlessness of delieveries. J Iran Soc Anesth Inten Care 2005; 51(2):57–62.
32. Karimi M. The effect of nitrous oxide in the breath hold tolerance test in healthy individuals Bushehr. [Masters Thesis]. Bushehr, Iran: Bushehr University of Medical Sciences; 2009.
33. Takkar D, Rao A, Shenoy R, Rao A, Saranya BS. Evaluation of nitrous oxide inhalation sedation during inferior alveolar block administration in children aged 7-10 years: a randomized control trial. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 2015; 33(3):239-44.
34. Rosen MA. Nitrous oxide for relief of labor pain a systematic review. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 186(5):S110–26.
35. Salehian T, Safdari F, Jahantighi S. The effect of entonox on labor pain and outcome of delivery in primiparous in Iranshahr, Iran. J Gorgan Univ Med Sci 2010; 7(1):1-9.
36. Rosen MA. Nitrous oxide for relief of labor pain a systematic review. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 186(5):S110–26.
37. Jafarzadeh L, Shabanian S, Jafari F. The effect of entonox on severity of pain and mother hemodynamic and fetus apgar in natural vaginal delivery. J Shahrekord Univ Med Sci 2012; 14(3) :92-9. (Persian).
38. Oweny. Using entonox in the community. Nurs N Z 2008; 14(3):3.
39. Kordi M, Irani M, Bahrami HR, Ghaffari Sardasht F. Effect of hand and foot massage on vital signs of women after caesarean section. Iran J Obstet Gynecol Infertil 2016; 19(15):8–15. (Persian).
40. Kan AS
, Caves N
, Wong SY
, Ng EH
, Ho PC
. A double-blind, randomized controlled trial on the use of a 50:50 mixture of nitrous oxide/oxygen in pain relief during suction evacuation for the first trimester pregnancy termination. Hum Reprod 2006; 21(10):2606–11.
41. Calleary JG
, Masood J
, Van-Mallaerts R
, Barua JM
. Nitrous oxide inhalation to improve patient acceptance and reduce procedure related pain of flexible cystoscopy for men younger than 55 years. J Urol 2007; 178(1):184–8.
42. Talebi H, Nourozi A, Jamilian M, Baharfar N, Eghtesadi-Araghi P
. Entonox for labor pain: a randomized placebo controlled trial. Pak J Biol Sci 2009; 12(17):1217–21.
43. Carstoniu J, Lerytam S, Morman P, Daley D, Kate J, Sancller AN. Nitrous oxide in early labor. Safety and analgesic efficacy assessed by a double-blind. Placebo-controlled study. Anesthesiology 1994; 80(1):30-5.
44. Morgan GE, Mikhail MS, Murray MJ, Kleinman W, Nitti GJ, Nitti JT, et al. Clinical anesthesiology. 4th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2006.
45. Saghiri M, Sattarzadeh N, Tabrizi N, Pezeshki Z. A comparative study on the severity of labor pain with or without entonox and it’s effects on the new-borns of primiparas. J Ardabil Univ Med Sci 2008; 8(1) :62-7. (Persian).