1. Fried LE, Cabral H, Amaro H, Aschengrau A. Lifetime and during pregnancy experience of violence and the risk of
low birth weight and preterm birth. J Midwifery Womens Health 2008 Nov-Dec;53(6):522-8.
2. Murphy CC, Schei B, Myhr TL, Du Mont J. Abuse: a risk factor for low birth weight? A systematic review and metaanalysis.
CMAJ 2001 May 29;164(11):1567-72.
3. Campbell J, Torres S, Ryan J, King C, Campbell DW, Stallings RY, et al. Physical and nonphysical partner abuse and
other risk factors for low birth weight among full term and preterm babies: a multiethnic case-control study. Am J
Epidemiol 1999 Oct 1;150(7):714-26.
4. Yang MS, Ho SY, Chou FH, Chang SJ, Ko YC. Physical abuse during pregnancy and risk of low-birthweight infants
among aborigines in Taiwan. Public Health 2006 Jun;120(6):557-62.
5. Valladares E, Ellsberg M, Pena R, Hogberg U, Persson LA. Physical partner abuse during pregnancy: a risk factor for
low birth weight in Nicaragua. Obstet Gynecol 2002 Oct;100(4):700-5.
6. Chambliss LR. Intimate partner violence and its implication for pregnancy. Clin Obstet Gynecol 2008 Jun;51(2):385-97.
7. Mezey GC, Bewley S. Domestic violence and pregnancy. BMJ 1997 May 3;314(7090):1295.
8. Castro R, Peek-Asa C, Ruiz A. Violence against women in Mexico: a study of abuse before and during pregnancy.
Am J Public Health 2003 Jul;93(7):1110-6.
9. Amaro H, Fried LE, Cabral H, Zuckerman B. Violence during pregnancy and substance use. Am J Public Health
10. Taft AJ, Watson LF. Depression and termination of pregnancy (induced abortion) in a national cohort of young
Australian women: the confounding effect of women's experience of violence. BMC Public Health 2008;8:75.
11. Audi CA, Correa AM, Latorre Mdo R, Santiago SM. The association between domestic violence during pregnancy
and low birth weight or prematurity. J Pediatr (Rio J) 2008 Jan-Feb;84(1):60-7.
12. Salari Z, Nakhaee N. Identifying types of domestic violence and its associated risk factors in a pregnant population in
kerman hospitals, iran republic. Asia Pac J Public Health 2008;20(1):49-55.
13. Quinlivan JA, Evans SF. Impact of domestic violence and drug abuse in pregnancy on maternal attachment and infant
temperament in teenage mothers in the setting of best clinical practice. Arch Womens Ment Health 2005
14. Rodrigues DT, Nakano AM. [Domestic violence and drug abuse in pregnancy]. Rev Bras Enferm. 2007 JanFeb;60(1):77-80.
[Article in Portuguese.]
15. Moraes CL, Amorim AR, Reichenheim ME. Gestational weight gain differentials in the presence of intimate partner
violence. Inte J Gynecol Obstet 2006;95(3):254-60.
16. Fried LE, Cabral H, Amaro H, Aschengrau A. Lifetime and during pregnancy experience of violence and the risk of
low birth weight and preterm birth. J Midwifery Women's Health 2008 Nov-Dec;53(6):522-8.
17. Beydoun HA, Tamim H, Lincoln AM, Dooley SD, Beydoun MA. Association of physical violence by an intimate
partner around the time of pregnancy with inadequate gestational weight gain. Soc Sci Med 2011 Mar;72(6):867-73.