1. John W Williams, Cunningham F Gary. Williams Obstetrics. 21sted, 2001. 320.
2. Robert K, Stoelting, Ronald D Miller. Basics of Anesthesia. 4thed. 2000. 458-62.
3. Robert K, Stoelting Stephen F. Dierdorf. Anesthesia and co-existing disease. 4thed. 2002. 536-9.
4. Hawkins JL, Koonin LM, Palmer SK, Gibbs CP. Anesthesia-related deaths during obstetric
delivery in the United States, 1979-1990. Anesthesiol 1997; 86:277.
5. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Optimal goals for anesthesia care in
obstetrics. ACOG Committee Opinion 256. Washington, DC: American College of Obstetricians
6. Lam DT, Ngan Kee WD, Khaw KS. Extension of epidural blockade in labour for emergency
Caesarean section using 2% lidocaine with epinephrine and fentanyl, with or without
alkalinisation. Anaesthesia 2001; 56:790.
7. Grant GJ. Anesthesia for cesarean delivery. Copyright© 2005 UpToDate® • www.uptodate.com
8. O'Sullivan, G, Scrutton, M. NPO during labor. Is there any scientific validation. Anesthesiol
Clin North America 2003; 21:87.
9. Olsson, GL, Hallen, B, Hambraeus-Jonzon, K. Aspiration during anaesthesia: a computer-aided
study of 185,358 anaesthetics. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 1986; 30:84.
10. Rout, CC, Rocke, DA. A reevaluation of the role of crystalloid preload in the prevention of
hypotension associated with spinal anesthesia for elective cesarean section. Anesthesiol 1993;
11. Wollman SB, Marx GF. Acute hydration for prevention of hypotension of spinal anesthesia in
parturients. Anesthesiol 1968; 29:374.
12. Morgan PJ, Halpern SH, Tarshis J. The effects of an increase of central blood volume before
spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery: a qualitative systematic review. Anesth Analg 2001;
13. Siddik, SM, Aouad, MT, Kai, GE. Hydroxyethylstarch 10% is superior to Ringer's solution for
preloading before spinal anesthesia for Cesarean section. Can J Anaesth 2000; 47:616.
14. Grylack, LJ, Chu, SS, Scanlon, JW. Use of intravenous fluids before cesarean section: Effects on
perinatal glucose, insulin, and sodium hemostasis. Obstet Gynecol 1984; 63:654.
15. Kenepp, NB, Kumar, S, Shelley, WC. Fetal and neonatal hazards of maternal hydration with 5%
dextrose before caesarean section. Lancet 1982; 1:1150.
16. Ramanathan, S, Grant, GJ. Vasopressor therapy for hypotension due to epidural anesthesia for
cesarean section. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 1988; 32:559.
17. Ayorinde, BT, Buczkowski, P, Brown, J. Evaluation of pre-emptive intramuscular phenylephrine
and ephedrine for reduction of spinal anaesthesia-induced hypotension during Caesarean section.
Br J Anaesth 2001; 86:372.
18. Ngan Kee, WD, Lau, TK, Khaw, KS, Lee, BB. Comparison of metaraminol and ephedrine
infusions for maintaining arterial pressure during spinal anesthesia for elective cesarean section.
Anesthesiol 2001; 95:307.
19. Adsumelli, RS, Steinberg, ES, Schabel, JE. Sequential compression device with thigh-high
sleeves supports mean arterial pressure during Caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia. Br J
Anaesth 2003; 91:695.
20. Abouleish, EI, Rashid, S, Haque, S. Ondansetron versus placebo for the control of nausea and
vomiting during Caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia. Anaesthesia 1999; 54:479.
21. Pan, PH, Moore, CH. Comparing the efficacy of prophylactic metoclopramide, ondansetron, and
placebo in cesarean section patients given epidural anesthesia. J Clin Anesth 2001; 13:430.
22. Elbourne DR, Prendiville WJ, Carroli G. Prophylactic use of oxytocin in the third stage of
labour (Cochrane Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001; 4:CD001808.
23. Lertakyamanee J, Chinachoti T, Tritrakarn T, Muangkasem J, omboonnanonda A, Kolatat T.
Comparison of general and regional anesthesia for cesarean section: success rate, blood loss and
satisfaction from a randomized trial. J Med Assoc Thai 1999 Jul;82(7):672-80.
24. Andrews WW, Ramin SM, Maberry MC, Shearer V, Black S, Wallace DH. Effect of type of
anesthesia on blood loss at elective repeat cesarean section. Am J Perinatol 1992 May;9(3):197-
25. Gilstrap LC 3rd, Hauth JC, Hankins GD, Patterson AR. Effect of type of anesthesia on blood
loss at cesarean section. Obstet Gynecol 1987 Mar;69(3 Pt 1):328-32.
26. Hood DD, Holubec DM. Elective repeat cesarean section. Effect of anesthesia type on blood
loss. J Reprod Med. 1990 Apr;35(4):368-72.
27. Hong JY, Jee YS, Yoon HJ, Kim SM. Comparison of general and epidural anesthesia in elective
cesarean section for placenta previa totalis: maternal hemodynamics, blood loss and neonatal
outcome. Int J Obstet Anesth 2003 Jan;12(1):12-6.