1. Xaverius PK, Tenkku LE, Salas J. Differences between women at higher and lower risk for an unintended
pregnancy. Womens Health Issues 2009 Sep-Oct;19(5):306-12.
2. Green DC, Gazmararian JA, Mahoney LD, Davis NA. Unintended pregnancy in a commercially insured
population. Matern Child Health J 2002 Sep;6(3):181-7.
3. Amani F, Bashiri G, Nahanmoghadam N, Tabarrai Y. [Using the logistic regression model in survey effective
causes on unwanted pregnancy] [Article in Persian]. J Qom Univ Med Sci 2010;4(1):32-6.
4. Upson K, Reed SD, Prager SW, Schiff MA. Factors associated with contraceptive nonuse among US women
ages 35-44 years at risk of unwanted pregnancy. Contraception 2010 May;81(5):427-34.
5. Mortazavi F, Damghanian M, Mottaghi Z, Shariati M. [Women's experiences of unwanted pregnancy] [Article
in Persian]. Behbood 2012;15(6):492-503.
6. Azizi A, Amirian F, Pashaei T, Amirian M. [Prevalence of unintended pregnancy and its relationship with
health-related quality of life for pregnant women’s in Salas city, Kermanshah- Iran] [Article in Persian]. Iran J
Obstet Gynecol Infertil 2011;5:24-9..
7. Amoako JF, Madise NJ. Examining the geographical heterogeneity associated with risk of mistimed and
unwanted pregnancy in Ghana. J Biosoc Sci 2009 Mar;41(2):249-67.
8. Dwyer JM, Jackson T. Unwanted pregnancy, mental health and abortion: untangling the Evidence. Aust New
Zealand Health Policy 2008 Apr 29;5:2.
9. Messer LC, Dole N, Kaufman JS, Savitz DA. Pregnancy intendedness and maternal psychosocial factors and
preterm birth. Matern Child Health J 2005 Dec;9(4):403-12.
10. McNeil TF, Schubert EW, Cantor-Graae E, Brossner M, Schubert P, Henriksson KM. Unwanted pregnancy as a
risk factor for offspring schizophrenia-spectrum and affective disorders in adulthood: a prospective high-risk
study. Psychol Med 2009 Jun;39(6):957-65.
11. Hromi-Fielder AJ, Perez-Escamilla R. Unintended pregnancies are associated with less likelihood of prolonged
breast-feeding: an analysis of 18 Demographic and Health Surveys. Public Health Nutr 2006 May;9(3):306-12.
12. Karimy M, Montazeri A, Araban M. [The effect of an educational program based on health belief model on the
empowerment of rural women in prevention of brucellosis] [Article in Persian]. Arak Med Univ J (AMUJ) 2012
13. Karimy M, Hasani M, Khorram R, Gafari M, Niknami SH. [The effect of education, based on health belief
model on breast self examination in the Health volunteer in Zarandieh] [Article in Persian]. Tabibe Shargh; J
Zahedan Univ Med Sci 2008;10(4):79-87.
14. Karimy M, Gallali M, Niknami SH, Aminshokravi F, Tavafian SS. [The effect of health education based on
health belief model on performance of Pap smear test among women referring to health care centers in
Zarandieh] [Article in Persian]. J Jahrom Univ Med Sci 2012 Spring;10(1):47-53.
15. Mahoney CA, Thombs DL, Ford OJ. Health belief and self-efficacy models: their utility in explaining college
student condom use. AIDS Educ Prev 1995 Feb;7(1):32-49.
16. Hovell M, Blumberg E, Sipan C, Hofstetter CR, Burkham S, Atkins C. Skills training for pregnancy and AIDS
prevention in Anglo and Latino youth. J Adolesc Health 1998 Sep;23(3):139-49.
17. Kirby D, Korpi M, Adivi C, Weissman J. An impact evaluation of project SNAPP: an AIDS and pregnancy
prevention middle school program. AIDS Educ Prev 1998 Feb;9(1 Suppl):44-61.
18. Ghafari M. [Comparing the efficacy of health belief model and it’s integrated model in AIDS education among
male high school students in Tehran] [Thesis in Persian]. Tehran:Tarbiat Modares University;2007:187-95.
19. Asadpour M. [Promotion and maintenance of preventive behaviors from HIV, HBV and HCV infections in
health care worker with using constructs of health belief model in Precede-Proceed model] [Thesis in
Persian].Tehran:Tarbiat Modares University;2009.
20. Shama ME, Fareed NR, Elburgy MD, Mahfouz AA. Application of the Health Belief Model in studying noncompliance
with universal precautions among nurses and laboratory technicians in Alexandria, Egypt. Health
Educ Res 2004;1(93):272-83.
21. Wai CT, Wong ML, Ng S, Cheok A,Tan MH, Chua W, Mak B, et al. Utility of Health Belief Model in
predicting compliance of screening in patients with chronic hepatitis B. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2005
22. Ratanasuwan T, Indharapakdi S, Promrerk R, Komolviphat T, Thanamal Y. Health belief model about diabetes
mellitus in Thailand: the culture consensus analysis. J Med Assoc Thai 2005 May;88(5):623-31.
23. Austin LT, Ahmad F, McNally MJ, Stewart DE. Breast and cervical cancer screening in Hispanic women: a
literature review using the health belief model. Womens Health Issues 2002 May-Jun;12(3):122-8.
24. Coyle K, Basen-Engquist K, Kirby D, Parcel G, Banspach S, Harrist R, et al. Short-term impact of safer choices:
a multi component, school-based HIV, other STD, and pregnancy prevention program. J Sch Health 1999
25. Hazavehei SM, Taghdisi MH, Saidi M. Application of the health belief model for osteoporosis prevention
among middle school girl students, Garmsar, Iran. Educ Health (Abingdon) 2007 May;20(1):23.
26. Tussing K, Chapman-Novakofski K. Osteoporosis prevention education: behavior theories and calcium intake. J
Am Diet Assoc 2005 Jan;105(1):92-7.
27. Peyman N,Heidarnia A,Ghofranipour F, Kazemnejad A, Khodaee GH, Amin Shokravi F. The relationship
between perceived self-efficacy and contraceptive behaviors among Iranian women referring to health centers in
Mashad in order to decrease unwanted pregnancies. J Reprod Infertil 2007 Apr-Jun;8(30):78-90.
28. Shamsi M, Baiati A,Tajik R, Mohammad Beigi A. [Effect of health education program based on health belief
model on preventive behaviors of self-medication in pregnancy mothers in Arak] [Article in Persian].
Pajoohandeh; J Shahidbeheshti Univ Med Sci 2009;14(6):324-31.
29. Yakhforoushha A,Slohi M,Azar FA.[Effects of education via on health belief model on knowledge and attitude
of voluntary health workers regarding Pap Smear] [Article in Persian]. Nurs Midwifery Quarter Shaheed
Beheshti Univ Med Sci 2008;18(62):24-30.
30. Kinsler J, Sneed CD, Morisky DE, Ang A. Evaluation of a school-based intervention for HIV/AIDS prevention
among Belizean adolescents. Health Educ Res 2004 Dec;19(6):730-8.
31. McClendon BT, Prentice-Dunn S, Blake R, McMath B. The role of appearance concern in responses to
intervention to reduce skin cancer risk. Health Educ 2002;102(2):76-83.