1. Rafaty Rahimzade M. [Pain]. J Babol:Babol University of Medical Sciences 2001:20. [in Persian].
2. Roohani Mashhadi S. [Effects of SP6 acupressure on labor pain during first stage of labor at 17 Shahrivar
Hospital in Mashhad in 2005- 2006] [Thesis in Persian]. Mashhad:Mashad University of Medical Sciences,
School of Nursing & Midwifery;2006.
3. Gunningham FG, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Hauth JC, Rouse DJ, Spong CY. Williams obstetrics. 23rd ed.
4. Ghanjavi A, Paghande T, Ebrahimi Nejad Gh. [The quality and intensity of labor pain based on Mc Gill
pain questionnaire in parturient women admitted in the maternity ward of Afzalipour Hospital in Kerman]
[Article in Persian]. J Kerman Univ Med Sci 2010;18(2):164.
5. Saisto T, Kaaja R, Ylikorkata O, Halmesmaki E. Reduced pain tolerance during and after pregnancy in
women suffering from fear of labor. Pain 2001 Aug;93(2):123-7.
6. Tampawiboon K. Effect of childbirth preparation on fear, labor pain coping behaviors and childbirth
satisfaction in primiparas. Master’s Thesis. Ramathibodi:Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Maternity and
7. Callister IC. Cultural influences on pain perceptions and behaviors. Home Health Care Manage Pract
8. Asghari Moghaddam M. Gholak N. [Role of coping strategies with pain in coping with chronic pain]
[Article in Persian]. Daneshvar 2005;12(10):1-23.
9. Abushaikha LA. Methods of coping with labor pain used by Jordanian women. J Transcult Nurs 2007
10. Aldwin CM. Stress, coping and development: an integrative perspective. 2nd ed. New York:Guilford
11. Mirzai A. [The effect of communication skills training on nursing students coping strategies in stressful
situations of clinical courses] [Thesis in Persian]. Mashhad: Mashad University of Medical Sciences,School
of Nursing &Midwifery;2009.
12. Brunner, Lillian Shultis. Pain Treatment, Health Check, Critical Thinking, Ethical Decision And the
Nursing Process (Brunnere & Suddarth). Sami Puran. Tehran: Boshra; 2000; 18-9 (Persian).
13. Kushan M, Vaghei S. [Psychiatric nursing: mental health1. Tehran:Andishe Rafia Publishers;2007:91-3. [in
14. Aliakbari S, Jamalian R, Khohan Sh. Valai N. [Impact of childbirth preparation on labor pain and length of
delivery time] [Article in Persian]. Feiz 2001;4(3):41-8.
15. Niven CA, Gijsbers K. Coping with labor pain. J Pain Symptom Manage 1996 Feb;11(2):116-25.
16. Khorsandy M, Ghofranipur F, Heidarnia A, Faghihzade S, Akbarzade A, Vafai M. [Self-efficacy for labor
and childbirth in pregnant women] [Article in Persian]. Med Coun Islam Repub Iran 2008;26(1):89-95.
17. Farzinrad B, Asgharnejad F, Yekeyazdandoost R, Habibyaskarabad M. [A comparison of coping styles and
personality in depressed and non-depressed students] [Article in Persian]. J Behav Sci 2010;4(1);17-21.
18. Callister IC. Cultural influences on pain perceptions and behaviors. Home Health Care Manage Pract
19. Christianes W, Verhaeghe M, Bracke P. Pain acceptance and personal control in pain relief in two
maternity care models: a cross-national comparison of belgium and the netherlands. BMC Health Serv Res
2010 Sep 10;10:268.
20. Nasiry M. [Maternal health of pregnancy childbirth]. Tehran:Boshra;2000. [in Persian]
21. Thaghizade z, Jafarbighloo M, Faghihizade S. [Effectiveness of a counseling intervention on treatment of
stress after a traumatic childbirth] [Article in Persian]. Hayat 2007;13(4):18-24.
22. Escott D, Spidy H, Slade P, Fraser RB. The range of coping strategies women use to manage pain and
anxiety prior to and during first experience of labour. Midwifery 2004 Jun;20(2):144-56.
23. Ghazanfary F, Ghadampur A. coping style and mental health in Khorramabad city] [Article in Persian]. J
Fundament Mental Health 2008;13(3):47-54.
24. Sangrungnapaphan P. Husband participation during labour on anxiety and coping behaviour of
primigravidas at srinagarind Hospital Khon Kaen Province. Master’s Thesis. Bangkok:Mahdiol
25. Sodsang W. The effects of nursing support during labour on labour pain coping behaviours and the
perception of childbirth experience of first-time mothers. Master’s Thesis. Bangkok:Mahdiol
26. Threenate S. Effects of childbirth preparation program emphasizing husbands support on pain level and
pain coping behaviours during delivery of primigravida. Master’s Thesis. Bangkok:Mahdiol
27. Supradith B. Effects of husband preparation for spousal support on husbands and wives satisfaction and
pain coping behaviour during labour. Master’s Thesis. Bangkok:Mahdiol University;2002.
28. Sindamrong S. Marital relationship, self-efficacy in labor pain coping and pain coping behavior during
labor of the first time mothers. Master’s Thesis. Bangkok:Mahdiol University;2004.