1. Weaver AD, Byers ES, Sears JN, Randall HES. Sexual health education at school and at home: attitudes and
experience of new Brunswick parents. Can J Hum Sex 2002;11(1):19-31.
2. UNESCO. International technical guidance on sexuality education: an evidence-informed approach for schools,
teachers and health educators. Paris:UNESCO;2009:2-14.
3. Avusabo–Asare K, Bankole A, Kumi-Kyereme A. Views of adults on adolescent sexual and reproductive health:
qualitative evidence from Ghana. New York:Guttmacher Institute;2008:9.
4. Tolman DL, Striep MI, Harmon T. Gender matters: constructing a model of adolescent sexual health. J Sex Res
5. Malek Afzali H, Jandaghi J, Robab Allameh M, Zare M. [Study of educational needs of 12-14 years old girls
about adolescent health and determines appropriate and effective strategies for adolescent health education]
[Article in Persian]. Koomesh 2000;1(2):39-47. Available from:
6. Refaei Shirpak K, Eftekhar Ardebili H, Mohammad K, Maticka-Tyndale E, Chinichian M, Ramezankhani A et al.
Developing and testing a sex education program for the female clients of health centers in Iran. Sex Edu
7. Khalajabadi Farahani F, Cleland JG, Mehryar AH. Determinants of heterosexual relationships and sexual
behaviours among elite young females in Tehran, Iran. Paper presented at the XXVI International Population
Conference of the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population, Morocco, Marrakech. SeptemberOctober,
2009. Available from: http://iussp2009.princeton.edu/abstractViewer.aspx?submissionId=90554
8. Mohammadi MR, Mohammad K, Farahani FK, Alikhani S, Zare M, Tehrani, FR et al.. Reproductive knowledge,
attitudes and behavior among adolescent males in Tehran, Iran. Int Fam Plan Perspect 2006;32(1):35-44.
9. Garmaroudi GHR, Makarem J,Alavi SSH, Abbasi Z. [Health related risk behaviors among high school students
in Tehran, Iran] [Article in Persian]. Payesh 2010 Jan-Mar;9(1):13-9.
10. DeJong J, Jawad R, Mortagy I, Shepard B. The sexual and reproductive health of young people in the Arab
countries and Iran. Reprod Health Mat 2005 May;13( 25): 49-59.
11. Unknown author. About sexual education. Howra 2005;17: 4-7 available from:
[http://www.womenrc.ir/index.php?lang=fa&action=article&cat=37&id=604&artlang=f] (in Persian).
12. Statistics centre of Iran. Results from basic information census in reproductive health in selected cities in Tehran
province. Available from: [http://amar.sci.org.ir/SeqSetView.aspx?P=PL&SI=148/2/1/1/0/0/0/0/0] (in Persian).
13. Jalali Aria K, Nahidi F, Amir Aliakbari S, Alavi Majd H. [Parents and teachers' view on appropriate time and
method for female reproductive health education] [Article in Persian]. J Gorgan Univ Med Sci 2010;12(3):84-90.
14. Creswell JW, Plano Clark VL. Designing and conducting mixed methods research. London:Sage
15. Hsieh HF, Shannon SE. Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qual Health Res 2005 Nov;15(9):1277-
16. Graneheim UH, Lundman B. Qualitative content analysis in nursing research: concepts, procedures and measures
to achieve trustworthiness. Nurse Educ Today 2004 Feb;24(2):105-12.
17. Zare M, Malek Afzali H, Jandghi J, Alammeh MR, Kolahdoz M, Asadi O.[ Effect of training regarding puberty
on knowledge, attitude and practice of 12-14 year old girls] [Article in Persian]. J Guilan Univ Med Sci
18. Olfati F, Aligholi S. [A study on educational needs of teenager girls regarding the reproductive health and
determination of proper strategies in achieving the target goals in Qazvin] [Article in Persian]. J Qazvin Univ
Med Sci 2008;12(2(47):76-82.
19. Ghahremani L, Hidarnia A, Babaee GH. [Effects of puberty health education on health behavior of secondary
school girl students in Chabahar city] [Article in Persian]. Iran South Med J 2008;1:61-8.
20. Moodi M, Zamanipour N, Sharifzadeh GHR, Akbari Bourang M, Salehi S. [Evaluating puberty health program
effect on knowledge increase among female intermediate and high school students in Birjand] [Article in
Persian]. J Birjand Univ Med Sci 2007;13(4):36-41.
21. Khakbazan Z, Jamshidi F, Mehran A, Damghanian M. [Effects of lecture presentation and presenting educational
packages on girls’ knowledge about adolescence health] [Article in Persian]. Hayat 2008;14(1):41-8.
22. UNFPA. adolescent and youth. Retrived 2008/10/11 from www.unfpa.org/adolescents and youth/
23. Peer Approach in Adolescent Reproductive Health Education : Some Lesson Learned. UNESCO Regional
Clearing House on Population Education and Communication Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau Education. 2003
Bangkok , Thailand.
24. Dehne KL, Riedner G. Sexually Transmitted infection among adolescent department of child and adolescent
health and development. Geneva:WHO;2005.
25. Malek A, Abbasi Shokoohi H, Faghihi A, Bina M, Shafiee-Kandjani A. A study on the sources of sexual
knowledge acquisition among high school students in Northwest of Iran. Arch Iran Med 2010;13(6):537-42.
26. Masatu MC, Kvale G, Klepp K. Frequency and credibility of reported sources of reproductive health information
among primary school adolescent in Arusha, Tanzania. Scand J Public Health 2003;31(3):216-23.
27. Khalajabadi Farahani F, Cleland J, Mehryar AH. Associations between family factors and premarital
heterosexual relationships among female college students in Tehran. International perspectives on sexual and
reproductive health 2011; 37(1):30-39.
28. Movahhed M, Abbasi Shavazi MT. [Traditional and modern values among girls residing in Shiraz] [Article in
Persian]. Womens Studies 2006;4(1):67-100.
29. Teachman JD. Premarital sex, premarital cohabitation, and the risk of subsequent marital dissolution among
women. J Marriage Famy 2003;65(2):444-55.
30. Iranian Students’ News Agency ( ISNA) - 07-24-2011 - 90-5-2.١٨٠٨٨٩١ mht (in Persian)
31. Orgocka A. Perceptions of communication and education about sexuality among Muslim immigrant girls in the
US. Sex Education 2004, 4(3) : 255-271
32. UNFPA: Supporting Young People at a Pivotal Period in Their Lives. Available from: