1. Power I. Recent advances in postoperative pain therapy. Br J Anaesth 2005; 95(1): 43−51.
2. Smith CA, Collins CT, Cyna AM, Crowther CA. Complementary and alternative therapies for pain management in
labour. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006; (4): CD003521.
3. Wang HL, Keck JF.. Foot and hand massage as an intervention for postoperative pain. Pain Manag Nurs 2004; 5(2):
4. Degirmen N, Ozerdogan N, Sayiner D, Kosgeroglu N, Ayranci U. Effectiveness of foot and hand massage in
postcesarean pain control in a group of Turkish pregnant women. Appl Nurs Res 2010: 23(3):153-8.
5. Mirzaei F, Kaviani M, Jafari P. Effect of foot reflexology on duration of labor and severity of first-stage labor pain.
Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility 2010:13(1):27-32. (Article in Persian)
6. Aram S, Allame Z, Zamani M, Yadegar N.The relative of the selected delivery methed in the pregnant women referring
to medical center of Isfahan.J Isfahan University of Medical Sciences 2002;4(7-8):74-79.
7. Nabb MT, Kimber L, Haines A, McCourt C. Does regular massage from late pregnancy to birth decrease maternal pain
perception during labour and birth? A feasibility study to investigate a programme of massage, controlled breathing and
visualization, from 36 weeks of pregnancy until birth. Complement Ther Clin Pract 2006;12(3):222-31.
8. Waters BL, Raisler J. Ice massage for the reduction of labor pain. J Midwifery Womens Health 2003;48(5):317-21.
9. Field T, Hernandez-Reif M, Taylor S, Quintino O, Burman I. Labor pain is reduced by massage therapy. J Psychosom
Obstet Gynaecol 1997;18:286- 91.
10. TorkZahrani SH, Honarjoo M, Janesari SH, Alavi H. the effect of massage on labor pain in primary stage of delivery.
Research in medicine 2008:32 (2):141-5. (Article in Persian)
11. Dolatian M, Hasanpour A, Heshmat R, Alavi majd H. The effect of reflexology on pain intensity of labor. The Scientific
Journal of Zanjan University of Medical Sciences 2010:18(72):52-61. (Article in Persian)
12. Abasi Z, Abedian Z, Fadaie A, Esmaeili HA. The effect of back massage on pain intensity during the first stage of labor
in primiparous women. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, gynecology and infertility. 2009:11 (4):39-47. (Article in
13. Bering Liisberg G. The effects of reflexology on labour outcome. Tidsskrift for Jordemodre. 1989; 3: 11-15.
14. Samuel CA, Ebenezer IS. The effects of reflexology on pain threshold and tolerance in an ice-pain experiment in healthy
human subjects. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 2008; 16(4): 233-7.
15. Khodakarami N, Safarzadeh A, Fathizadeh N. Effect of massage therapy on severity of pain and outcome of labor on
primipara. Iranian Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Research. 2007; 12(1):6-9.
16. Brown ST, Douglas C, Flood LP. Women’s Evaluation of Intrapartum NonpharmacologicalPain Relief Methods Used
during Labor. J Perinat Educ. 2001; 10(3):1-8.
17. Atkins RC, Harris P. Using reflexology to manage stress in the workplace: a preliminary study. Complement Ther Clin
Pract 2008; 14(4):280-7.
18. McNeill JA, Alderdice FA, McMurray F. A retrospective cohort study exploring the relationship between antenatal
reflexology and intranatal outcomes. Complement Ther Clin Pract 2006:12(2):119-25.