1. Baig S, Ali TS. Evaluation of efficacy of self breast examination For breast cancer prevention : a cost
effective screening tool. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2006;7(1):154 -6.
2. Lee CY. factors influencing breast self examination for rural women in korea. JCN 2003;17(7):13-9.
3. Berek JS. Berek and Novak’s gynecology.14th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007. p.1607-8.
4. Chee HL, Rashidah S, Shamsuddin K, Intan O. Factors related to the practice of breast self
examination(BSE) and pap smear screening among Malaysian women workers in selected electronics
Factories. BMC Women Health 2003;3(3):1-11.
5. Karimi H, Sam Sh. Effect of breast self-examination (BSE) education on increasing women’s knowledge
and practice. Journal of Babol University of Medical Science 2005;27(7):61- 8. [Article in Persian]
6. Banaeian Sh, Kazemian A, Kheiri S. Knowledge, attitude and practice about breast cancer screening and
related factors among women referred to health care centers in Boroujen in 2005. Shahrekord University of
Medical Science Journal 2006;4(7): 28-34. [Article in Persian]
7. Ho V, Yamal JM, Atkinson EN, Basen- Englquist K, Tortolero-Luna G, Follen M. predictors of breast and
cervical screening in Vietnamese women in Harris county, Houston, Texas. Cancer Nurs 2005;28(2):119- 29.
8. Petro-Nustus W, Mikhail BI. Factors associated with breast self-examination among Jordanian women.
Public Health Nurs 2002;19(4):263 -71.
9. Harris JR, Lippman ME, Morrow M, Osborn CK. Diseases of the breast. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott
Williams & Wilkins; 2004. p.116.
10. Enjezab B, Faraj Khoda T, Bokaei M. Barriers and motivators related to cervical and breast cancer
screening. Journal of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Science 2004;3(12):78-84. [Article in Persian]
11. Mirza Khani K. The effect of ordering in endocervix-exocervix sampling on Pap smear results. Journal of
Sabzevar School Of Medical Sciences 2005;2(12):36-41. [Article in Persian]
12. Rayan KJ, Berkowitz RS, Babieri RL, Dunaif A. Kistner’s Gynecology & women’s health. Translated by:
Ghazijahani B, Ghotbi R.7th ed. Tehran:Golban; 2008. p. 128-9.
13. Sadighi J, Vahdani Nia MS, Khodabandeh A, Jarvandi F. Cervical cancer: knowledge of women and the
effect of educational materials. Payesh (Journal of The Iranian Institute For Health Sciences
Research) 2005;1(4): 29-38. [Article in Persian]
14. Yosofi Z, Macinai M. Cervical intra-epithelial neoplasia: analysis of incidence, risk factors and
management of these patients. The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility 2004;1(7):32-7.
[Article in Persian]
15. Holakoie Naienie K, Chinichian M, Ghazizadeh Ehsaie Sh, Sadeghi Pour HR. Pap smear follow-up among
women who need treatment and repeated Pap smear test. Payesh (Journal of The Iranian Institute For
Health Sciences Research) 2004;2(3):131-7. [Article in Persian]
16. Islam N, Kwon SC, Senie R, Cathuria N. Breast and cervical cancer screening among south Asian women
in New York city. J Immigr Minor Health 2006;8(3):211-21.
17. Secginli S, Nahcivan N. Factors associated with breast cancer screening behaviors in a sample of Turkish
women: a questionnaire survey. Int Nurse Study 2006;43(2):161-71.
18. Mojahed Sh, Dehghani Firoozabadi R, Dafei M. Nursing-midwifery BSE knowledge and practice in Yazd.
Journal of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Science 2001;1(9):82-8. [Article in Persian]
19. Motamed N, Hadi N, Talei AR. A survey on risk factors of breast cancer in women over 35 years of age,
Shiraz, 2000. Journal of Zanjan University of Medical Science 2004;46(12):25-32. [Article in Persian]
20. Klug SJ, Hertz M, Blettner M. Screening for breast and cervical cancer in a large German city: participation,
motivation and knowledge of risk factors. Eur J Public Health 2005;15(1):70-7.
21. Coughlin SS, Breslau ES, Thompson T, Benard VB. Physician recommendation for Papanicolaou testing
among US women. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2005;14(5):1143-8.
22. Green EH, Freund KM, Posner MA, David MM. Pap smear Rates among Haitian immigrant women in
eastern Massachusetts. Public Health Rep 2005;12 (2):133-9.
23. Baghiani moghadam MH. Knowledge, attitude and practice of married women about pap smear. Journal of
Shahrcord University of Medical Science 2004;40(13):79-85. [Article in Persian]
24. Mazloomy Mahmood-Abad SS, Shahidi F, Abbasi-Shavazi M, Shahrizadeh F. Evaluating knowledge,
attitude and behavior of women on reproductive health subjects in seven central cities of Iran. Medical
Journal of Reproduction & Infertility 2006;4(7):392-400. [Article in Persian]
25. Lockwood-Rayermann S. Characteristics of participation in cervical cancer screening. Cancer Nurs
26. Lee Mc. Knowledge, barriers and motivators related to cervical cancer screening among Korean-American
women. A focus group approach. Cancer Nurs 2000;23(3):168-75.