1. Spira JL & Reed GM. Group Psychotherapy for Women with Breast Cancer. 1st ed. American Psychological
2. Wenzel L, Fairclough D, Brady M, Cella D, Garrett K, Kluhsman B, et al. Age-related differences in the quality
of life of breast carcinoma patients after treatment, Cancer 1999; 86, 1768-1774.
3. Luckman J & Sorenssen KC. Core Principles & Practice of Medical Surgical Nursing. 14th ed. Philadelphia: W.
B. Saunder Co.; 1996.
4. White C. Body images in oncology. In: Cash T, Pruzinsky T, editors. Body Image: A Handbook of Theory,
Research, and Clinical Practice. New York: The Guilford Press; 2002: 379-386
5. Moreira H, Canavarro MC. A Longitudinal Study about the Body Image and Psychosocial Adjustment of Breast
Cancer Patients during the Course of the Disease. Eur J Oncol Nurs; 2010; 14, 263-270
6. White C. Body image dimensions and cancer: a heuristic cognitive behavioural model, Psychooncology; 2000;
7. Sims A. Symptoms in the Mind: An Introduction to Descriptive Psychopathology. 2nd ed. Chameh Publication;
1995. (Text in Persian)
8. Reas DL. Relationship Between Weigh Loss and Body Image in Obese Individuals Seeking Weigh Loss
Treatment (Ph.D Dissertation). Louisiana State University; 2002.
9. Bakht S, Najafi S. Body Image and Sexual Dysfunctions: Comparison between Breast Cancer Patients and
Healthy Women. Procedia Soc Behav Sci; 2010; 5, 1493-1497.
10. Petronis V, Carver C, Antoni M, Weiss S. Investment in body image and psychosocial well-being among
women treated for early stage breast cancer: partial replication and extension. Psychol Health; 2003; 18, 1-13.
11. Pikler V, Winterowd C. Racial and body image differences in coping for women diagnosed with breast cancer.
Health Psychol; 2003; 22, 632-637.
12. O¨nen Serto¨z O¨, Elbi Mete H, Noyan A. Effect of surgery type on sexuality, body image, self-esteem and
marital adjustment in breast cancer: a controlled trial. J Psychosom Res; 2003; 55, 147–178.
13. Fobair P, Stewart SL, Chang S, D’Onofrio C, Banks PJ, Bloom JR. Body image and sexual problems in young
women with breast cancer. Psychooncology; 2006; 15:579–94.
14. Shoma AM, Mohamed M, Noumani N, Amini M, Ibrahime IM, Tobare SS, Gaffare HE, Aboeleze WF, Ali SE,
& William SG. Body image disturbance and surgical decision making in Egyptian post-menopausal breast
cancer patients. World J Surg Oncol; 2009; 7:66
15. Helms R, O’Hea EL & Corso M. Body image issues in women with breast cancer. Psychol, Health Med; 2008;
16. Cato Sheman K. CT/RT in chronic pain management-using choice theory / reality therapy as a cognitivebehavioral
therapy intervention for chronic pain management: A pilot study. Int J Real Ther; 2000; 19, 10-14.
17. Wubbolding RE. Reality therapy for 21st century. New York (NY): Routledge; 2000.
18. Pompe G, Duivenvoorden HJ, Antoni MH, Visser A, Heijnen CJ. Effectiveness of a short-term group
psychotherapy program on endocrine and immune function in breast cancer patients: an exploratory study. J
Psychosom Res; 1997; 42: 453-466.
19. Cohen MZ, Kahn DL, Steeves RH. Beyond body image: the experience of breast cancer. Oncol Nurs Forum;
20. Fadaei S, Janighorban M, Mehrabi T. Study of the effect of cognitive behavioral counseling on body image
alterations in women who have undergone mastectomy. Int J Gynecol Obstet; 2009; 107, 601.
21. MacKean S, Eskandari H, Borjali A, Ghodsi D. The comparison between efficacy of narrative therapy and diet
therapy on body image in women with overweight and obesity. Pajoohandeh J; 2010; 15 (5) :225-232 (Text in
22. Janda LH. The Psychologist's Book of Self-Tests: 25 Love, Sex, Intelligence, Career, And Personality Tests
Developed by Professionals to Reveal the Real You. 1st ed. Tehran: Aeeizh; 1996. (Text in Persian)
23. Ali NS, Khalil H. Effect of pscyhoeducational intervention on anxiety among Egyptian bladder cancer patients.
Cancer Nurs; 1989; 12: 236-242.
24. Cain EN, Kohorn EI, Quinlan DM, Latimer I, Schwartz PE. Psychosocial benefits of a cancer support group.
Cancer; 1986; 57: 183-189.
25. Cunningham AJ. A randomized trial of group psychoeducational therapy for cancer patients. Patient Educ
Couns; 1989; 14(2): 101-114.
26. Fawzy FI, Cousins N, Fawzy NW, Kemeny ME, Elashoff R, Morton D. A structured psychiatric intervention for
cancer patients: I. Changes over time in methods of coping and affective disturbance. Arc Gen Psychiatry; 1990;
27. Forester B, Kornfeld DS, Fleiss JL, Thompson S. Group psychotherapy during radiotherapy: Effects on
emotional and physical distress. Am J Psychiatry; 1993; 130:1700-1706.
28. Heinreich R, Schag C. Stress and activity management: Group treatment for cancer patients and spouses. J
Consult Clin Psych; 1985; 33: 439-446.
29. Johnson J. The effects of a patient education course on persons with a chronic illness. Cancer Nurs; 1982; 117:
30. Spiegel D, Bloom JR, Yalom ID. Group support for metastatic cancer patients: A randomized prospective
outcome study. Arch Gen Psychiatry; 1981; 38: 527-533.
31. Telch CF, Telch MJ. Group coping skills instruction and supportive group therapy for cancer patients: A
comparison of strategies. J Consult Clin Psych; 1986; 54: 802-805.
32. Heravi Karimovi M, Pourdehqan M, Jadid Milani M, Foroutan S, Aieen F. Study of the effects of group
counseling on quality of sexual life of patients with breast cancer under chemotherapy at Imam Khomeini
Hospital. JMUMS. 2006; 16 (54) :43-51. (Text in Persian)
33. Akechi T, Okuyama T, Onishi J, Morita T & Furukawa T.A. Psychotherapy for depression among incurable
cancer patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev; 2008; 2, 132-139.
34. Boesen EH, Ross L, Frederiksen K, Thomsen BL. Dahlstrøm K, Schmidt G, Næsted J, Krag C & Johansen C.
Psychoeducational intervention for patients with cutaneous malignant melanoma: A replication study. J Clin
Oncol; 2005; 23, 1270-77.
35. Andersen B.L, Farrar WB, Golden-Kreutz DM, Glaser R, Emery CF, Crespin TR, Shapiro CL & Carson WE.
Psychological, behavioral, and immune changes after a psychological intervention: A clinical trial. J Clin Oncol;
2004; 22, 357-80.
36. Hosaka T, Sugiyama Y, Tokuda Y, Okuyama T, Sugawara Y & Nakamura Y. Persistence of the benefits of a
structured psychiatric intervention for breast cancer patients with lymph node metastases. Tokai J Exp Clin Med;
2000; 25, 45-49.
37. Corey G. Theory and Practice of Counseling & Psychotherapy. 7th ed. Tehran: Arasbaran; 2005. (Text in Persian)