1. Morhason-Bello IO, Adedokun BO, Ojengbede OA. Social support during childbirth as a catalyst for early
breastfeeding initiation for first-time Nigerian mothers. Int Breastfeed J 2009 Dec 10;4:16.
2. World Breastfeeding Week-Breastfeeding- Just 10 Steps! The Baby-Friendly Way. World Breastfeeding Week
is celebrated every year from 1 to 7 August in more than 120 countries to encourage breastfeeding and improve
the health of babies around the world. It commemorates the Innocenti Declaration made by WHO and UNICEF
policy-makers in August 1990 to protect, promote and support breastfeeding. World Health Organization
(WHO) 2010 1-7 Aug.
3. [Breastfeeding Initiation Within an Hour of Life] [In Persian]. Tehran:Ministry of Health and Medical
Education,Department of Child Health and Breastfeeding; 2008.
4. Örün E, Yalçin SS, Madendag Y, Ü stünyurt-Eras Z, Kutluk S, Yurdakok K. Factors associated with
breastfeeding initiation time in a Baby-Friendly Hospital. Turk J Pediatr 2010 Jan-Feb;52(1):10-6
5. Babayi GH, Hajizadeh E, Keshavarz M, Shayegan M. [Survival Analysis using for assess relationship between
time to inintiation of breastfeeding and factors related to mother and infant] [ Article in Persian]. Med J
6. Khanna K. Timely Initiation of breastfeeding whitin 1st hour of birth giving the best chance of life and health.
In: IBFAN-Asia(International baby Food Action Network), Delhi:Swedish International Development
Cooperation Agency (Sida) and Netherlands Ministry of Cooperation and Development (DGIS);2007.
7. Edmond KM, Kirkwood BR, Amenga-Etego S, Owusu-Agyei S, Hurt LS. Effect of early infant feeding
practices on infection-specific neonatal mortality: an investigation of the causal links with observational data
from rural Ghana. Am J Clin Nutr 2007 Oct;86(4):1126-31.
8. Murray S. Breast feeding Information & Guidelines A manual for breastfeeding support in Pediatric & Neonatal
9. Forster DA, McLachlan HL, Lumley J. Factors associated with breastfeeding at six months postpartum in a
group of Australian women. Int Breastfeed J 2006 Oct 12;1:18.
10. Qiu L, Zhao Y, Binns CW, Lee AH, Xie X. Initiation of breastfeeding and prevalence of exclusive breastfeeding
at hospital discharge in urban, suburban and rural areas of Zhejiang China. Int Breastfeed J 2009 Jan 28;4:1.
11. Chudasama R, Patel P, Kavishwar A. Breastfeeding initiation practice and factors affecting breastfeeding in
South Gujarat region of India. Int J Fam Pract 2009;7:2.
12. Duong DV, Binns CW, Lee AH. Breast-feeding initiation and exclusive breast-feeding in rural Vietnam. Public
Health Nutr 2004 Sep;7(6):795-9.
13. Gabmayer S, Rust P, Elmadfa I. Main Determinants on Duration and Exclusive or Supplementary Breastfeeding
Pattern in the Eastern Part of Austria. Nutr Vienna 2008;32(4):149.
14. Mikiel-Kostyra K, Mazur J, Wojdan-Godek E. Factors affecting exclusive breastfeeding in Poland: crosssectional
survey of population-based samples. Soz Präventivmed 2005;50(1):52-9.
15. Baker EJ, Sanei LC, Franklin N. Early initiation of and exclusive breastfeeding in large-scale community-based
programmes in Bolivia and Madagascar. J Health, Popul Nutr 2006 Dec;24(4):530-9.
16. Jana AK. Interventions for promoting the initiation of breastfeeding. The WHO Reproductive Health Library.
Geneva:World Health Organization;2009.
17. Boskabadi H, Maamouri G, Ebrahimi M, Ghayour-Mobarhan M, Esmaeily H, Sahebkar A, et al. Neonatal
hypernatremia and dehydration in infants receiving inadequate breastfeeding. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr
18. Esfahani MM, Oladi B, Bahrami M, Parsay S, Halimiasl AA, Khatami GH, et al. [Training series promoting of
breastfeeding]. Tehran:Unicef;2009:1[in Persian].
19. Vieira TO, Vieira GO, Giugliani ER, Mendes CM, Martins CC, Silva LR. Determinants of breastfeeding
initiation within the first hour of life in a Brazilian population: cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 2010
20. Holman DJ, Grimes MA. Colostrum feeding behaviour and initiation of breast-feeding in rural Bangladesh. J
Biosoc Sci 2001 Jan;33(1):139-54.
21. Sunil N Padodara J, Sushil P, Vaibhav G, Swati P, Vivek C, et al. Breast feeding practices in urban community
of Sural city. Nat J Commu Med 2010;1(2):111-3.
22. Nakao Y, Moji K, Honda S, Oishi K. Initiation of breastfeeding within 120 minutes after birth is associated with
breastfeeding at four months among Japanese women: a self-administered questionnaire survey. Int Breastfeed J
2008 Jan 10;3:1.
23. Komara C, Simpson D, Teasdale C, Whalen G, Bell S, Giovanetto L. Intervening to promote early initiation of
breastfeeding in the LDR. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 2007 Mar-Apr;32(2):117-21.
24. Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. Early childhood Indicators; Increased rate of
breastfeeding. 2006 Jul 21.[ cited 2010 Jan 27]. Available from:
25. Banapurmath CR, Selvamuthukumarasamy A. Initiation of breastfeeding in cesarean section mothers: antenatal
advise versus postnatal assistance. Indian Pediatr 1995 َAug;32(8):902-5.
26. Dearden K, Altaye M, De Oliva M, Stone-Jimenez M, Burkhalter BR, Morrow AL. The impact of mother-tomother
support on optimal breast-feeding: a controlled community intervention trial in peri-urban Guatemala
City, Guatemala. Rev Panam Salud Pú blica 2002 Sep;12(3):193-201.
27. Dennis CL, Hodnett E, Gallop R, Chalmers B. The effect of peer support on breast-feeding duration among
primiparous women: a randomized controlled trial. CMAJ 2002 Jan 8;166(1):21-8.
28. Kang NM, Song Y, Hyun TH, Kim KN. Evaluation of the breastfeeding intervention program in a Korean
community health center. Int J Nurs Stud 2005 May;42(4):409-13.
29. WABA. World breastfeeding Week 2008. Action Folder. 2008.
30. Dennis CL. Peer support within a health care context: a concept analysis. Int J Nurs Stud. 2003 Mar;40(3):321-
31. Mead S, Hilton D, Curtis L. Peer support: a theoretical perspective. Psychiatr Rehabil J 2001 Fall;25(2):134-41.
32. Muller C, Newburn M, Wise P, Dodds R, Bhavnani V. NCT breastfeeding peer support project.
33. Meyers D. Promoting and supporting breastfeeding. Am Fam Physician 2001 Sep 15;64(6):931-2.